Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Update!

So, its been quite a while. Good to see that everyone in blog land is doing well. I must share that although I haven't been posting, I have been reading every one's blogs. I haven't posted in a while because I just haven't felt inspired... I know, I know. With so much stuff going on, how could I not blog about it, but (sigh), I just wasn't feeling it. So eventually I will post about all the fun things we have been doing, for example, Gracie's 3rd birthday party, Vacations to Vegas, Mother's Day and such, but for now I have an even bigger topic to post about!
Joey and I are pregnant! (again)
We are still keeping this quiet in our everyday lives, so if we are facebook friends, please don't say anything to me on facebook. I feel fairly certain that I have very few blog readers, so I felt like it would be the perfect place to "shout it out" without making too much of a ruckus.
We are only about 7 and a half weeks along, and are praying for a healthy pregnancy. Its been super tough on us this time. I didn't realize how pessimistic I would be this time. After three miscarriages in a row, how can I not be? We have weekly sonograms and every time we are in the room, I am scared of the bad news I am destined to hear.
But then, I have a few overwhelming moments, when I look at Gracie, and feel this intense rush of emotion. Its in these moments that I feel the powerful hands of God. I am constantly reminding myself that He has a plan for my little family, and that He promised us that He would never fail us. This is where my faith is.
Last night, Joey and I were sitting on our porch swing, eating snow cones while watching Gracie play in the grass. Joey asked me what we will do if this one doesn't work out. What will we do when the floor falls out from under us? And out of nowhere came my answer. We will survive... that was my answer. It seems like that is the only thing I have learned over the last few years. I know for sure that if this pregnancy comes to a sad end, God will not fail me. I will survive. I know I will, because I have survived the past three. God has carried me through them and we are now on the other side.
So say a prayer for me. I definitely need it! I have a sonogram tomorrow and will keep you all posted!

6 comments:

Sherry said...

So happy for yall, will be praying.........Sherry

katy said...

im soooo praying for yall and my sweet little baby in there! i love all 4 of yall!

KMRoberts said...

Sarah, i'm so happy to hear this! I'll keep you in my prayers...something a little "crazy" - or would you call it that - I'm watching my DVRed So You think You Can Dnace right now as I read your post and the song they are dancing to is.."Hallelujah, Hallelujah..." one of my favorites AND! It just tells me you are being taken care of :) So - keep us all posted and in the meantime...We love you!!

Kaleigh said...

I am so excited for you my Sarah! I love you all! You will continue to be in my prayers!

Tomba said...

Congratulations! I wish you well on your journey!

Jared and Shirley said...

Congrats Sarah and Joey!! I am so excited for y'all. I will keep y'all in my prayers.