Saturday, February 21, 2009
Brandy's little girl's name is Breckyn. She is the sweetest and most well behaved little girl I have ever met. She has a sense of humor just like her momma!It made us so happy to get to visit and catch up while watching our littles play!
B & Little B,
Gracie and I miss you very much! We wish you would come and visit us in Rockwall! We can't wait 'til we get to come home and play again!!
We Love you!!
S & G
Sunday, February 15, 2009
My mom and Joey had a few loose ends to tie up before our official V-Day started, so they ran into town, leaving me to watch the little girls (Gracie & Hannah). While mom and Joey were in town, Gracie, Hannah, and I took our time showering and getting dressed for the day. I must say, Gracie's outfit was the cutest I have ever seen!!
After lunch, Joey and I exchanged our gifts. He gave Gracie a big, stuffed frog.
He gave me a watch, chocolates, and a card that explained that he and I were going to be spending the evening at a movie of my choice, dinner of my choice, and an entire night at a hotel. He was sweet enough to plan for Gracie to stay with my mom, or if I wanted her with us overnight, she could come.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Our flight was nice, Gracie kept busy by playing with Marker tops and Pinky ( Gracie's new BFF) read a few magazines.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
After returning home with our Valentine's Day loot, Mommy (that's me) made pooch pops! I was very nervous to make them, but I think they are cute!! For all of you who don't know, I am awful when it comes to baking! But, If I don't say so myself, I think I found a treat that even I can bake.
I found the recipe in Parent's Magazine. Here it is for those of you who would like to bake your little Valentine something special:
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 roll (16 ounces) refrigerated sugar-cookie dough
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
8 lollipop sticks (about 6 inches)
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1 tube vanilla decorating frosting
24 brown and/or red M&M's
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Knead flour into cookie dough until smooth. Divide dough in half. Knead cocoa powder into one half until smooth.
2. Roll out vanilla and chocolate cookie doughs until they're barely 1/4-inch thick. Cut out 8 hearts from each using a 3-inch cookie cutter. Place the vanilla hearts about 3 inches apart on cookie sheet. Insert a lollipop stick into each heart shape. Slice the chocolate hearts in half lengthwise. Place on either side of vanilla hearts as the ears. Press 6 mini chocolate chips, pointed side down, on each of the vanilla hearts as shown. Bake until just golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely
3. Pipe 3 dots of frosting on the cookie, as shown, and attach M&M's for nose and eyes. Tie a ribbon on the lollipop stick, if desired.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Of course it is a picture of my little Gracie. Awww, she was so little back then. This picture was taken when she was 5 months old. She was very exited after her bath and started to shriek. She had just figured out that she could make that kind of noise.
I never realized how fast time goes by until I had Gracie. I wasn't much of a picture taker until Gracie came along, now I have my camera with me all the time. I am so grateful for all the pictures and video I took of her.Thanks so much ,Jess, for tagging me. I don't go back and look at older pictures very often, but this little game made me do just that. It was fun and sad in a sentimental way. I forget how blessed I am!
So now I am tagging: Holly Bartlett, city girl in cowboy boots, Have A Lovely, Beth Spradlin & Natalie LaScola... Can't wait to see your pictures, girls!!
P.S. I found my camera, so updated photos of my Gracie will posted soon!
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a blog with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 5 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
Here we go....
1. legally, my name is Sarah without the "H". On all of my legal documents the "h" was dropped due to an error on my birth certificate. It wasn't until I was in high school that I found out that someone mispelled my name a long time ago.
2. I named Gracie after a character in a book I read in 6th grade.
3. I read all magazines from back to front, not front to back like normal people.
4. I knew I would marry Joey on the first night I met him.
5. I have had the same cell phone number for 10 years.
6. I would much rather have a pap smear than have to give blood. I hate needles.
7. I am very particular about how clean my toilet is. I clean every two days or eveyday depending on how busy I am. (You never know wneh someone will be sick and need to throw up in you toilet. It would be awful if it weren't clean!)
8. I still watch Days of Our Lives everyday. I started watching when I was 12 and rarely miss a day. Thank God for DVR and the internet.
9. I am extremely clausterphobic and when I see a bunch of people crammed in a small vehicle, I have a small anxiety attack for them.
10. I hate donuts!
11. If I could be anything in the world, I would want to be a Pussycat Doll. I said this even before the tv show came out!!
12. Our refrigerator broke over the weekend and I am secretly thrilled because it gives us an excuse to eat out until it is fixed!
13. I love the shows One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Army wives, Greys Anatomy, Pirivate Practice, Secret life of an American Teenager, & etc. and am mildly depressed when a season is over.
14. I hate unloading the dishwasher!!
15. I miss playing softball! It gave me a reason to work out.
16. I suck at keeping up with friends! I wish I were better at it!
17. I best friends are my sisters and my mom!
18. I wish my best friend from elementary school were still my best friend! I think of her everyday!
19. I am one of those girls who thinks she can be friends with guys and it never be anything more than friends. ( My husband thinks that this is niave) is that how you spell it?
20. I love to paint but haven't been inspired in quite a while.
21. I get homesick alot! I have to get home every two weeks or so or I start to go crazy.
22. I hated living in Cleveland, but can't wait to go back to visit!
23. I often wish I had stayed in public school instead of moving to a private school when i was in 9th grade.
24. I can't wait to have another child! ( No I am not pregnant, but wish I was!)
25. I wish i could afford a cleaning lady!
Ok Ladies... Those are my 25 random facts! I am tagging Jessica Clarke, Holly Bartlett, Roxanne Spradlin, Beth Spradlin, & Natalie LaScola!!
Can't wait to read your 25 facts!!