Friday, May 15, 2009

On Call = Lonely Nights

So, Joey has been on call for almost 2 weeks. I write this with melancholy fingers... Joey being on call is tough for us. It is so hard to be apart. I hate sleeping alone and it is tough on Gracie to not get to see her daddy before she goes to bed.
Joey is on call every third week, but often has to cover for the other residents when they are out of town or busy doing other things. Every time Joey is on call, I have a minor emotional breakdown! It is one whole week of bathing, feeding, playing, and parenting on my own. I have been blessed with a husband who helps, at least a little, where Gracie is concerned. He typically gives her a bath in the evenings while I take a few minutes to myself. These few minutes are much needed!! I often spend the time regrouping after all of our dinner ends up on the floor or all the dog food has been mixed with water and poured all over the couch. Needless to say, I need these bath time minutes!!
I am regretting typing all of this, I do know there are lots of women how lose their husbands for weeks, months, & even years at a time. I have an enormous amount of respect for them! I couldn't do it! I have been spoiled! God has given me a wonderful husband that has worked tirelessly to have a good job. It just sucks that that job interferes with our sleeping arrangements on occassion and infringes on my peaceful bathtime minutes! {oh I am rediculous!}
Okay, I am done venting!

3 comments:

Casey Davison said...

HAHA....we lived this way for 7years. He went to work as I went to bed. Got home after I was already at work. And nothing ever goes wrong on his days off.....only when he's working of course.


Your day will come. Now he's on day shift.....and we see each other TOO much! =)

Jared and Shirley said...

Oh Sarah.. hang in there, it will get better and just remember he is doing this for his beautiful family... and just imagine you could be in my shoes, i only spend two nights a month with him :(

have a lovely said...

yes...again...i feel ya! we could have coffee and commiserate...if only it weren't for the 19 hours distance! :) b is on a crazy 2 month rotation right now...and he is about 8 days into his 21 days straight...ekk!