Saturday, May 2, 2009

Swine Flu...Seriously??

I am trapped in my house for seven days.... I feel awful!!...and when I say awful, I mean "I am praying that I don't die in my sleep" awful. I have the flu. I am waiting to hear if I have Swine Flu. You may ask, "How does she not know??" Well, the test takes 4 days to get back from the lab.
How about I start from the beginning. I went home to my mom's house for a baby shower two weeks ago. While I was there, I went across the street to take pictures of our neighbor in her prom dress. Well, her little sister had swine flu!! We didn't know it at the time, of course, but she eventually was diagnosed with it a few days later. A few days too late for me. You see, I went back to the neighbor's house the next day to get all the details about prom, and stayed for a few hours, giving swine flu plenty of time to infiltrate my weak body. BOOO! (My body isn't totally up to par when it comes to fighting of bacteria,viruses, or disease because I had mono in junior high.)
Anyway I went to the doctor on Thursday and they practically laughed at me when I demanded a swine flu test. The nurse went on and on about how it is limited in supply and how the test is quite painful....I didn't back down, I mean, Gracie could get it!! So, the gave me the test. The had to swab my nose.( but when i say they swabbed my nose, I mean they swabbed my brain via my nasal cavity. )The nurse was NOT lying about it being unpleasant.
Once the test was done and everyone knew I at least had the flu, the staff at the doctors office changed their tune. LOL! Every nurse that crossed my path wore a mask. They made me wear one too. So now I am in Quarantine. I can't leave my house for seven days. I am on Tamiflu (that kills swine flu), so is Gracie and Joey. Needless to say, we are all feeling like caged animals today. Joey can go back to work on Monday, Gracie can go back to school on Monday, but I am STUCK (and i still feel awful)!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I hope you start feeling better! I hope it's not swine flu and if it is, I really really hope Gracie doesn't get it! I know you and Joey will fight it if it turns out positive, but she is too little to feel that sick! That is not fair for a little cutie!

Feel better soon!

Casey Davison said...

Oh my goodness. I sure you you are better soon. Hugs.

Clarke said...

um, WHAT?! i will be calling you.

Casey Davison said...

When will you get the results back?

Beth said...

Hoping you are feeling much better and that the result was negative! Being sick is NO fun!

Jessica said...

Oh Sarah I am so sorry to hear about your flu. I hope you don't have swine flu! Yuck. Hope you are feeling better soon :)