Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ski Bunnies??

Every year, the week after Christmas, my family takes a trip to Colorado. Normally, we spend the week in Pagosa Springs and ski at Wolf Creek, but this year we traveled to Durango. I love Durango! It is such a cute little town with great little shops, but we didn't shop this year. No, we didn't shop, we SKIED!
We stayed in a three story cabin propped up on the side of the mountain at Durango Ski resort ( it used to be called Purgatory). It was fabulous! We had to walk a very short distance (maybe 30 yards) to hop onto a ski run and ski all our hearts desired.
The weather was great! A few of you know that I do not blend well with cold weather, I hate to be cold, but the weather was gorgeous! It even got hot enought to ski without coats! A few of the snowboarder chicks wore only spaghetti strapped shirts! Needless to say, I didn't get cold.
The resort offers daycare for the little ones, so the entire family (minus Gracie & Jake) got to ski together. We had a great time and no one was hurt, atleast no one was hurt skiing.



Me & Holly on the ski lift



Katy & Dustin on the ski lift


Mom & Dad on the lift

While on our trip; Katy, Dustin, and I traveled over to the dark side! We attempted snowboarding. I was not fun! It was borderline torture! We took a private lesson and thought we had it figured out, so we set out on our own to conquer a green run. Much to our disappointment, we learned that we hadn't retained anything from our lesson when we all collided as we tried to exit the lift on our own as first time snowboarders. We were such a mess that the lift operator suggested that we take a lesson before we attempted to snowboard on our own. While still on the ground from our lift collision, trying helplessly to get up, we informed him that we had just finished a private lesson. He then suggested that we try skiing. So we went back to skiing. So, Snowboarding is tough and I am impressed with anyone who can do it!

Katy on her board

Note: There are no pictures of me on my snowboard since I couldn't seem to stay upright while on it.

P.S. Gracie was a cute little snow bunny!

4 comments:

Jared and Shirley said...

Sarah- She is so Cute!! She looks just like you :) I am glad yall had a great christmas. I know what you went through on christmas day... Jared and I went throught the same thing. Miss Y'all :)

Gillie said...

How much fun! It is so nice to see families that do stuff together!
xx

have a lovely said...

oh what fun!!!! so glad you girls were able to play in the snow for a while and catch up with the fam!!!

Anonymous said...

You can put my blog on your blogroll. I don't mind at all! And Gracie has gotten soooooo big and adorable! She looks like a little woman now! Glad you and Joey are doing great and hope residency is giving him a little time to be with you and the little munchkin!