Saturday, August 23, 2008

Finally!

So today was the first day that I truly felt like a real family in our new house. We have lived here since April, so it was a long time coming! We have been so busy this summer, so it has been difficult to do anything as a family. As you know, Joey is in his first year of residency, so he is constantly on call. He is exhausted all of the time as well. On the same page, Gracie and I have been in and out of town quite a bit this summer, and when we go out of town, we stay out. LOL! We never stay anywhere for less than a week. So, needless to say, It has been a crazy place around here all summer.
Well, summer is winding down. Today was just a quiet Saturday afternoon, and I loved it!! We did whatever we wanted to do. There were no places we needed to be or anything we needed to do. It was glorious!
It was so hot here tod ay! Joey started the day by bringing Gracie and I Chickfil-A for breakfast. I love their chicken minis. Then we let Gracie take a dip in her pool. Joey did some yard work and I just sat with my tootsies in the water.
After we were baked by the sun, Joey took a nap and Gracie and I watched a Lifetime Movie.
Once he woke up, I took a 2 hr nap and he and Gracie played until she finally conked out.
I woke up to RAIN!! It was Crazy! It had been so hot outside, but it was so nice to wake up to the smell of the rain.
The rain blew over as quickly as it came. I was so disapointed. Everything outside quickly dried up, so Joey decided to cook hamburgers outside on the grill. YUM!! They were yummy!!
It was a great day!! Gracie went to bed without a fight (in her own crib).
Sooo... I didn't do any shopping today, but it was even better to just be a family at home.
My sister is coming to visit on Monday, so we will shop then. I hope you all had a blessed Saturday as well! I hope tomorrow is even better!

P.S. Once I learn how to put pictures on here, I will do so. Bare with me until then!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah - Mom and I just finished reading friday and saturday's blogs. :-) I must say, you really are a good writer!! I'm impressed! Maybe you should write a little book about the events of Gracie! Wouldn't that be fun!?! Or we could write a sisters book? who knows! But you are on the right track. . . .

ohhh I'm so jealous!! Mother's Day Out!! How lovely!!!

I hope you have a GREAT week!!
Hugs,
Holly