Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Wedding Story

My little sister and Best Friend, Katy got married on August 8th (8-8-08). It was a great weekend, but there were a few glitches. I wanted to share them now that I have beautiful pictures to remind us of the fact that regardless of a few mishaps, the wedding was better than anyone could have dreamed of. Katy was a RADIANT Bride in both of her gowns. (Yes there were two. One for the ceremony and one for the reception.) And Dustin very handsome as well, but I can't say that I was the right choice as a bridesmaid. Not that I didn't want to be a bridesmaid, because I did and was very honored to accept. I just happened to be a "Hot Mess" the entire wedding weekend!

Me and the other bridesmaids

How about I start from the beginning...

My mom's back yard
Rehearsal Dinner had been planned to take place at my parents house. Well, since January, my parents house has been under reconstruction and still isn't quite finished. Still, that is where the bride and groom wanted to have their dinner so my mom intended to be a fabulous hostess. That was until she smashed her finger off closing the gate at her shop, (My parents own a casing business called Permian Power Tong), 6 days prior to the big dinner.

My mom and Dad dancing with her broken finger
Well, being the perfect child that I am, I rushed home to her aid. To literally be her right hand.LOL! Not so perfect, I guess. Over the course of the week, lots of people chipped in to make sure the house was ready for guests. The part where my "hot messness" began was about 20 minutes prior to rehearsal. Everyone was suppose to meet at the church, so Jane and I loaded Gracie up in my mom's brand new car to leave...

I must note here that Jane from Janiebirdphotos came to photograph the entire weekend. Also, it must be said that I had just argued with my mom over whether I should take the rental car that we rented for Jane to the church or whether I should drive her car. She wanted me to take her car. Gracie and i had made quite a mess in her car, so my mom wanted to drive the cleaner, not cluttered rental car.

So, Jane, Gracie, and I loaded up in my mom's car. As I climbed into the driver's seat; Holly, my older sister pulled up behind me in the drive way. She asked me a question about shoes as she ran into the house. I am not sure where my brain went, but I proceeded to sit down and put the car in reverse. SMASH!!!! I backed into Holly's brand new car!!! My mom and Holly ordered their cars at the same time and both were about 6 weeks old.

My brain immediately dropped back into my head as I began to sob and apologize. Both my parents and sister did their best to console me as we all took a moment to assess the damage. IT was BAD! I felt awful. Jane could only laugh in shock. My very forgiving sister Holly

Still, we didn't need to be late to the church, so we all hugged and loaded up in our separate cars to head to the church. My foot trembling on the gas pedal and me blubbering the entire way.

The Church entrance
I couldn't stop crying once we landed safely at the church. News spread of my little incident as the night went on. I cried through most of rehearsal, having to tell everyone to ignore me and I would be fine.

My family at Rehearsal
(Katy hugging our little sis Hannah, my dad,Me holding Gracie, & Holly holding her baby Jake)

Rehearsal Dinner went great!! The caterers did a fabulous job on the food and tables. I thought my bad luck was over. Later that night I locked Gracie in the car. She was sleeping so she didn't know, but needless to say I am grateful to have Onstar!!

The buffet line at the dinner

Come back tomorrow to read about how I almost kept the wedding from happening!!

4 comments:

JanieBird said...

I could just kick myself for not taking pictures of the cars and the bathroom ....

Clarke said...

you are too hilarious. i love when you refer to yourself as a hot mess! ... and i'm soo glad you figured out how to put pictures up, the one of you and the rest of the bridesmaids is really cute.

have a lovely said...

oohhh! aren't you glad your sister's love you no matter how much you make them cry! :) that's a sister for ya!

{pics look great! I wanna see one of you and jane too...or was she always BEHIND the camera!}

Unknown said...

OHHH SARAH! I love this entry! So far I'm hanging on to the edge of my seat wanting to know what happened, and I KNOW! lol.

I love the pictures with the explanation. . it makes it so much better. . .

Can't wait for more!
Love,
Your Forgiving Sister

p.s. My car goes in the shop to be fixed on the 8th!