Saturday, September 6, 2008

Aunt Katy Saves the Day!

We took Gracie to the doctor yesterday.... She has an ear infection in both ears! BOOO!!! She also has a cold, but that is probably not what has been waking her up in the middle of the night. You know, it is amazing how going to the doctor will make you realize that you are not a fabulous parent, but merely adequate. I felt terrible when the doctor told me that my Gracie had double ear infections! How could I not know?!?

This doctor appointment followed a visit to the Urgent Care facility last week when I feared she might have a bladder infection. My mom, Grace, and I sat in the waiting room for a few hours to find out that Gracie was totally healthy. Not a problem with her bladder. I felt ridiculous for taking her to the Urgent care. Not only did she NOT need a doctor, she definitely did not need urgent care.

Oh well, I will eventually get the hang of being a parent, I hope.

Well, My sister Katy came into town to visit and to share in Gracie's first day of school. Since Gracie was ill and unable to attend, Katy provided us with the next best thing. She provided moral support at the doctor, and babysat Gracie so Joey and I could go on a much needed date.


We went to see a movie and got dinner. We felt awful for leaving Gracie and Katy at home while Gracie was sick, so we grabbed dinner to go and rushed home. Come to find out, we were not needed nor missed at home. Queen Katy and Princess Gracie were having a great time without us! Runny nose and all!
I love knowing that I can count on my sister to take great care of my child and make sure that she enjoys her time as well. I don't know why I worry.... The two are peas in a pod! The relationship between them is very special! I couldn't ask for more!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pics of Queen Katy and Princess Gracie. They are so elegant is their fashionable designs!! :-)

I'm glad you and Joey got a moment to yourselves. . .

I love you.

have a lovely said...

oh! too cute! looks like miss gracie knew what she was doing when she "played hookie" on her first day! better watch that one! :)

she looks adorable in her tutu! I think that pic needs to be on the little ribbits page!

Casey Davison said...

Well, taking them to the dr when there is nothing wrong and then not seeing the "signs" when there is....doesn't get any better. I still can't figure it out!! Sorry about the ear infections. We've never had one but I hear they are bad news.
She sure is cute all dressed up with Aunt Katie!!