Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School Sniffles


Today was supposed to be Gracie's first day of school. and mommy's first day off! What an exciting day I had planned, (sigh), but Gracie had the sniffles. She woke up yesterday and was extra clingy all day long. She seemed to be whiny and just couldn't be pleased. I was a little concerned, but not enough to skip school today. That was until she started coughing and licking the snot off her chest as it ran down her chin and neck. Gross! Her eyes were so glassy, that I though she was going to cry all day! I felt awful for her, she looked miserable!


So what did I do? I did what any mom does, who is on the verge of losing her fabulous day off! I started shoving medicine down her throat! I was hoping for a miraculous recovery! I decided that I would see how her night goes and reassess her illness in the morning.


Her night was awful! She slept, but not well. She coughed and sniffled all night long. The poor thing slept with her pacifier in her hand because she couldn't breathe when it was in her mouth. She wouldn't turn lose of it though.


When we woke up this morning, Gracie still had a stream running from her nose. I decided I just couldn't be THAT mom. You know, the one that sends her kid to school sick so he can pass his germs around to all the other children. I just couldn't, so I kept her home.


Luckily, Aunt Katy, (my sister and bestie) is in town. So, our day wasn't a complete wash out. We both enjoyed our time with Katy. I guess there is next week for school and a day off for mommy!

No comments: