Thursday, December 11, 2008

Catch Up!

So, I am playing catch up today! I am feeling fairly guilty that I have let my blog go unattended for so long. I feel like everytime I get the chance to sit down and write a new post, I am apologizing for the time that has gone between the last post and the new one. So sorry! I know that most of you are very forgiving, as you have little ones at home yourself. You totally understand how time escapes us. Anyway, on with the post. I wanted to write about everything that has happened between Thanksgiving and now, Catch you up on our little lives. So I will back post all of our events.
So, Thanksgiving was at our house this year. Joey couldn't leave because he was "on call ". We were very blessed to have Joey's brother's family in for the day. Sam, Staci, and Kirsten traveled from Waco to Rockwall so we wouldn't be alone on Turkey Day. I cooked the entire meal (an accomplishment, since I don't cook) and it was yummy!. We had a great time!

Daddies and the kiddos playing ball in the yard On Thanksgiving

Gracie eating a cupcake on the driveway on Thanksgiving

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was festive. Ours was uneventful, but we had a great time visiting with Sam, Staci, and Kirsten. The Holidays are going to be tough for us this year. We are so close to our families, but still can't travel to see them this year. I must admit, I am struggling to catch some Christmas spirit. Pray for me!

2 comments:

have a lovely said...

oh deary! I didn't know ya'll weren't headed "home for the holidays". I'm so sorry...I know this is hard and so out of tradition...but I can't imagine what it will be like for Gracie to be in her own bed and her new house...and wake up to see that Santa came to HER house this year!!!!

many blessings for a merry merry christmas dear!!!

Tiffany said...

I am sorry you wont be home for Christmas! I am having trouble catching the christmas spirit as well. So your not alone. I am praying for you and your beautiful family. Give Gracie my love!!