Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Decorations

We have been decorating our house for the holiday season. Of course, they are all only half way done since I tend to lose momentum half way through. LOL! I hope that I will eventually get the hang of decorating as the years go by. I have been looking forward to putting up a tree all year long, since Joey and I have never even put up a tree since we have been married. But, it gets expensive and I struggle with putting my creativity into action.
With all that being said, we DID get the tree up. We started our new traditions this year. We put some Christmas music on, drank some hot chocolate, and decorated the tree. Gracie had a great time, but didn't understand why the bells have to stay on the tree. There has been a lot of No! No!s thrown around and a few tears, but she has now gotten the meaning of Look, but DON'T Touch!
I even made a wreath to go over our fireplace.

Now if I could just finish hanging the lights on the house. I have lights hanging on only the left side of my roof. There is a tall peak in the center of our house that I didn't feel safe climbing over unless Joey was home to call 911 if fell. So we have the most pitiful house on the block. Ahhh, maybe next year we will do better.

1 comment:

Gillie said...

Ahhhh...I remember the days of look but don't touch!
xx