Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Cookies for Santa!

Today was a tough one. Now, I do realize that there are lots of people worse off than me today, but i can't help but want to be near my parents and sisters on Christmas. This is the first Christmas in all of my 26 years that I haven't slept in my childhood bedroomon Christmas Eve. I have never spent Christmas away from my parents or sisters and aam the first of the four girls to ever be away on Christmstmas. So, I am sad, but trying to make it a great Christmas for Joey and Gracie.
Joey had to work all day, so I took advantage of the time and did some Christmas cleaning, wrapped some presents, and sang Christmas carols. Gracie and I danced the day away. So much so that she thought we were supposed to dance while singing Christmas carols at church. She was so cute and innocent as she spun in circles to Silent night.
Church held a special treat for us tonight. We were suprised to see that Jason Castro (from American Idol) was the special guest singer tonight. He sang Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and played the Eukilele ( i don't know how to spell it).
While at church, Joey was called into the E. R. to treat a lady who damaged her foot in a car accident. So Gracie and I had to make our Christmas cookies without him.
Mom's Famous Holiday M&M Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Tsp of salt
  • 1/2 cup of margarine
  • 1/2 cup of shortening
  • 1 cup of packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 Tsp of vanilla
  • 1 large bag of m&ms

Recipe:

  1. Stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set it aside.
  2. In a seperate bowl, beat the margarine and shotening on Medium speed for 30 seconds.
  3. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat til fluffy.
  4. Add the eggs and Vanilla and beat well.
  5. Add the bowl of dry ingredients a little at a time until mixed.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes.

While Joey was in surgery, Gracie finally conked out! I wrapped all of the presents and helped Santa put together a tricycle. Joey finaaly got home tonight at 2:45 AM.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Be Safe!

3 comments:

Clarke said...

i'm so proud of you & your first christmas away! it looks like you and gracie are making fun new memories and traditions... & what's this??? gracie in HER bed?! congratulations!!!!

full of gracie said...

Yes! Gracie has been in her bed for a week now! It has been wonderful for all of us!

Anonymous said...

the only cookie I want to eat is the bald one between her little legs nothing beats toddler pussy