Friday, December 5, 2008

Early Thanksgiving!

The week prior to Thanksgiving, my little family made or way home to Midland to visit my parents, sisters, and grandparents. I was so excited to finally get a weekend away from the hustle and bustle of the city and to spend some quiet time with my family.

Gracie in her carseat on the way to the airport

Gracie and I set out on Friday afternoon heading to the airport. Those of you who know me personally are very aware that I fly by the seat of my pants. I often push the limits on time and am typically late to the airport. Rarely do I miss a flight, but I cam make it a stressful event narrowly making it threw the airplane door. ( I have only missed a plane twice, I think) Anyways, Joey and I had planned to meet at the airport since we weren't sure he could get home before we needed to leave for the airport.
It was a good plan in theory, but much harder to pull off than we expected. Joey got caught up in surgery and missed our flight. It didn't suprise me but I was disappointed in the fact that (once again) we wouldn't be traveling together.

Gracie was too excited to sleep once we landed. She had to be a fairy princess for a while.

Thankfully, we were able to book him the first flight out on Saturday morning and he was able to make that flight.

Everything she needs at Nana's: cheetos, a barbie, and fairy wings

Gracie and I picked Joey up early and set off to a fast and furious weekend with my family. We all had our own agenda and hopes for the weekend and it was fun to fit them all into two days.

Joey taking a ride on the rope swing

Joey and Hannah fishing-- Its all Joey wanted to do!

Thanks mom and dad for a great weekend! We love you lots and can't wait 'til we can all be in the same place again!

2 comments:

Gillie said...

Glad you had a great time with your family!
xx

have a lovely said...

such cuteness...the little butterfly princess!