Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Shoes, Shoes, and More Shoes

Ladies, My little Gracie has a shoe fetish!! She and I went shopping for a new pair of tennis shoes about a week ago and we came home with these little beauties!
I was feelin' fairly glum the other day and decided that Gracie and I needed a quick "pick me up"! So, I packed her up in her carseat and we drove into town. I new that if we went into T*rget I would do some unnecessary damage to my bank account. Feeling guilty I just drove by, trying to feel the exhileration of shopping without going inside. Note: You must be inside the store to feel the "Shopping High". Thats when I saw a Payless next door.
Gracie needed a new pair of tennis shoes anyway, so we went inside. I must say, I have never seen Gracie's face as bright as it was when we entered the shoe store. I had to coax her past the shoes that distracted her upfront, to her size section on the back wall. She wanted to touch every pair on her way to the back.
I found her a pair of tennis shoes that would suffice for the next month or so, but she found a pair that she will cherish for the rest of her life! She initially grabbed these little sparklers in a size that was much to big for her, but we eventually found a pair closer to the size of her feet.
She held them up to me and in her broken english said, "mommy, Shoes! Pretty!"
We had to have them! She wore them out of the store and didn't take them off for two days! She slept in them the first night!

1 comment:

Gillie said...

What a girlie girl!!
xx